Monday 7 April 2014

Welcome Baby Girl

I can't believe a whole month has gone by since our last Linky Party yet here we are in April. I don't know about all of you but the weather where I live (Vancouver) is fabulous. This is my favourite time of year as our region is one of the best for growing spring flowers. Presently we have all the spring bulbs out plus the cherry, magnolia, and camellia trees blooming. The rhododendrons are just starting. A feast for the eyes! With new growth and beginnings we are celebrating new birth and babies as one of our subject matters for April. My niece had a baby girl 2 weeks ago and the card I made for today is to celebrate "Hailey". For this card I used Crafty Secrets "Baby Girl Print and Fold".  It is gorgeous the way it is intended to be used, but I wanted to use a special frame I have been hoarding from AccuCut designed by our own Vicki Chrisman. One of the beauties of digital images is that you can print things any size you want. The doors weren't large enough for this project so I printed them larger and also the chest. I ended up needing 3 different sizes for all the elements.

This is a view of the dresser with the doors closed. I used the door fronts and cut out 2 more flower panels for the doors and the bib and popped them up on dimensionals. I also cut out the elephant ribbon "Girl" and added it. I used the Sizzix rose die for the flowers. Brads were used for the door handles.


This is a view of the inside with the doors open. The front of the dresser sits about 1/4" out from the mirror so I cut a thin strip for the top surface of the dresser. More brads for drawer pulls and a little pink organdy rose.

For the left inside door the little coat and slippers are cut twice and popped up. A tutorial follows for how to tie teeny tiny bows like the three on the coat.


For the right inside door the jacket and plush toy are popped up. The jacket has a wee button and the toy another tiny bow, this one even smaller.


TUTORIAL on making tiny bows

For demonstration purposes I have used a ribbon which a different colour on the reverse side so you can see better what goes over or under what!!! This bow is less than 1/4" across and the ribbon choice is essential. I use 4mm silk embroidery ribbon for these really tiny bows as they knot better. I have tied the bow on chopsticks. The ribbon lays across the top of both chopsticks from left to right, now wrap in around the back of both chopsticks right to left. Next to wrap the ribbon around and over the left chopstick from left side to centre (between the chopsticks). Now take the ribbon to the top and wrap it around both strands of ribbon from behind leaving the end pointing down.



Take the ribbon end and thread it through the loop you have created when you wrapped the ribbon behind both strands from left through to the right side.


Pull the two ends tight!



Voila! A tiny bow. I put a copic marker in the shot so you could see how small this is. With silk ribbon you can make them 1/4 this size.



Please come and join our April Linky Party where you can add a sample(s) you've created using any of our products and receive a $6.00 coupon and one random.org winner will get a $50.00 gift card!


Thanks for visiting Paper Pass Times.
Make sure you visit the rest of the design team! 




Cheers, Elizabeth







  

8 comments:

  1. Oh, this is the most darling little shadowbox! I love all the sweet details especially the hanging clothes. You are amazing! Wonderful tutorial, too! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your project is just PRECIOUS Elizabeth! All the sweet little details! FABULOUS! Awesome tutorial too ... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ADORE this!!! Thank you so much for making such a darling project with the die... I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really Elizabeth your card is so freaking CUTE - it would sell out in a store! I love how you did the images popped up and your tiny bow tutorial is perfect. I just added a bunch of the 3D Shadowbox Frames to our CraftyVintageGirl.com Store but alas, I only have them in sets with a solid brown, blue and black base and the other parts are assorted patterns but no pastel bases. People will likely ask you about these and they may want to call Accucut and see if any local stores in their area have the die as many stores will let you use it if you buy the card stock from them. Anyways - fabulous job, thanks for sharing in our April Linky Party.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Precious project, Elizabeth. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an amazing design, Elizabeth! What new mother wouldn't treasure this exquisite card?

    What a genius tutorial! Thank you so much for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet project. Will definitely have to try to make some cute tiny bows. Thanks for the wonderful tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful, Elizabeth! So wonderfully girlie with your pretty papers and those gorgeous flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete