Liebster blog nomination for Paper Pass Times
What a great day! This morning, when I opened up my emails, I found out my blog has been nominated for the Liebster Award by my talented blogging friend Kathy Clement. Kathy and I met at Crafty Secrets where she is the fearless leader of our Design Team. Visit her blog Kathy by Design and prepare to be impressed.
The Liebster Award helps bring awareness to blogs with less than 300 followers. I have very recently entered into the world of blogging and this award would greatly help in sharing my hard work. Thanks for the honour and the hand up Kathy.
Rules for participating in the Liebster Award nominations:
- Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and answer the 11 questions they presented
- Link back to your presenter's blog
- Copy and Paste the pink Liebster logo to your blog
- Nominate 5 blogs to receive the award, who have less than 300 followers and create a list of 11 new
questions for them, and
- Inform them of their nomination
Here are Kathy's questions for me:
1. Why and when did you begin crafting?
Art has always been part of my life since my parents sent me to art lessons to learn oil painting. Paper crafting began for me when my niece came to stay with me one Easter. She has very bad asthma and with all the pollens in the air I wanted to do some indoor activities so I took her to a rubber stamping class. Funny thing was I gave us $100 each to buy some "stuff" after the class. Her career as a rubber stamper ended when the holiday was over...1600 stamps and 6 years later I am in rubber stamp heaven!
2. What kind of crafter are you: clean and simple, shabby chic, vintage, grunge, mixed media, etc.?
I love antiques, old masters, vintage anything so my natural progression as it pertains to crafting is Shabby Chic and Vintage although I have recently dabbled in mixed media.
3. What's my favourite time of day to craft?
This is a two part question for me. Night time is when I am the most creative so I plan and sketch in the evening. My husband likes TV and I very much dislike it so while he watches TV I sit with him sketching and planning the next project. I do the actual work part in the late morning/early afternoon.
4. What's your favourite crafting tool?
I am in love with copic markers.
5. Do you work primarily from sketches, or your own imagination?
I've never worked from a sketch other than my own. I find someone else's sketch inhibits me.
6. What's your favourite beverage?
If I'm to tell the truth here, it's homemade lemonade, however, if we are talking alcohol I just love sitting down at the end of a day with a cut crystal liquor glass full of Grand Marnier and a coffee.
7. Name 5 things that are on your desk top right now?
My computer, a silver frame with a picture of the family, a box with scraps I want to use/recycle, my copics, my to-do-list.
8. Who are some of your crafting heroes, artists you follow?
Linda Duke, Dawn Burnworth, Didi Kowal, Christine Okken, there are many more.
9. What's your biggest crafting blooper?
We have the most beautiful and loveable blonde Chow Chow (dog) named Kodi. When I am crafting he often lies at my feet. Once when he was sitting right under where I was crafting with glitter I accidentally spilled an entire vial of gold glitter on him. I thought I had brushed it all out of him but that night when we went for our dog walk with at least 5 other dog owners he sparkled under the street lights like you wouldn't believe. That was at least 4 years ago and I still haven't lived it down!
10. What's your favourite crafting technique?
Decoupage. Not real decoupage but cutting out parts of an image and popping it up on dimensionals for a more 3D look.
11. What do you do when you are not in the craft room?
In reality, for me, at least this should read "What do you do when you are not at the piano". My first love (excluding humans and dogs) is playing the piano. I have a master's music degree in performance piano. I craft as a hobby and also to take "time out" from the gruelling physical demands from hours of practise. I play only classical music and my favourite composers are Beethoven and Chopin.
Here are my nominations for the Liebster Award:
- Lynn McCauley "Confessions of a Left Brain Stamper"
-Robin Clendenning "InkMagination"
-Katie Sims "The Inky Peach"
-Kim "Love of Flowers"
-DJ Rants "DJ's Creations"
I hope you'll take time to visit these amazing artists, I know you will be impressed.
Here's my list of questions for my nominees to answer:
1. Was there a single event that lead you to crafting?
2. What other art forms to you enjoy?
3. What other crafters have influenced your style?
4. When you go shopping in a crafting store what is the one weakness you can't resist? paper, ribbon, etc.
5. Have you influenced others in your family to also craft?
6. Do you work one creation through to completion or do you multi task with many on the go at one time?
7. What is your favourite colouring medium? Why?
8. What is the funniest thing that has ever happened while crafting?
9. If you could go on a crafting weekend with 3 other crafters who would they be?
10. Is your craft room tidy or do you like creative disorder?
11. If you could go on a holiday to any art gallery in the world, what would it be?
Thanks so much for dropping by Paper Pass Times. I would be over the moon if you chose to be one of my followers by clicking on the "followers" label in the right sidebar.