Thursday 24 April 2014

My Dear Mother-In-Law

I'm lucky to have a wonderful and very supportive Mother -in-law. If my husband and I disagree she nearly always sides with me. This is the last of my Mother's day cards for this year and just in time to post and arrive on time. I've had garden thoughts for the past 2 weeks with the weather in Vancouver mild enough to get the weeding done and the annuals planted. Last week I spread top soil, dug it in, and got all my planters done so it was on my mind to make a garden themed card. This is a variation of the potted plant with a pull out inserted card which some creative crafter thought up years ago.


I printed out the boots from Crafty Secrets "Garden Style" twice the second pair atop the first with the top band of the boots touching. They were fussy cut and folded in half. I then cut a slit along the fold line leaving about 1/4" at each side attached. The bottom 3 leaves and 2 flowers are glued along the top edge of the forward boot with the centres popped up on dimensionals. The flowers and leaves are from Crafty Secrets "Art Blooms" and everything is coloured with copics.



The sentiment is stamped on the insert which slides into the slot in the boots. As you can see the top 2 leaves and flower are attached to the insert. I glued 2 strips of folded paper between the boots front and back to stop it from opening too far. The sentiment is a Flourishes stamp that just happened to be the right size.

Thanks so much for dropping by, I love visitors.

Cheers,

Elizabeth 

1 comment:

  1. Liz, this is just the most darling project ever! I love the cheery color palette you chose, and the design is really fun, too. Your mother in law will love it! I am so thrilled to have you on the Crafty Secrets Design Team. Everything you create is a work of art! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete