Wednesday 26 March 2014

There are fairies at the bottom of the garden!

This week over at Splitcoaststampers our Teapot Tuesday group is making "tickle cards". We meet every week and as a group make cards for a person brought to our attention. The recipient is usually in need of some TLC. Sometimes the cards are sent for a joyous occasion like a birth or a 100th birthday, but more often we send our cards to people with medical problems. The last Tuesday of every month we sent our cards to each other. Our theme this month is to combine our birth month flower and fairies. For my card I have used the "rose" in the background paper and garden pixies.


This is a three fold card. The front panel with the gate folds over the third panel. When completely open the inside 3rd panel is blank waiting for my message. The cute little pixie riding the dragon fly and the little fellow with the mushroom umbrella came from Crafty Secrets "Pixie Dust". Everything on this card was coloured with copics and the wings are stickled.



The background designer paper is a sheet of Crafty Secrets "Wild Rose Paper" . The paper is actually sepia coloured but I printed it in a very light grey. The lines were so light it allowed me to colour it as I did in pinks and greens. The mushroom cottage and other mushrooms are also from Pixie Dust. It doesn't show up in the photo very well but I decoupaged the mushroom cottage. There are actually 4 layers here. I had such fun making this.

Thanks for dropping by.

Cheers, Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. I love the clever design of this card, Liz...and it is magical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Elizabeth, I have not been on crafty secrets for a long time, check in once in awhile. Imagine my surprise to see that you and Dar are on the design team, congratulations to both of you. I do a lot of cards and altered projects with graphic45. I will check in more often to see what you are up too. Good to see your beautiful work. Barbara weber.

    ReplyDelete