Monday 24 February 2014

Winter Olympics

I won gold in snow shovelling yesterday. We have a number of older people in our townhomes and I noticed they were having trouble clearing the snow from their sidewalks so a few of us volunteered to help them out. When I was a child I remember boys, looking to make a buck or two, would knock on your door and offer to shovel your snow. How times have changed. Anyway it was tough slugging as the snow is wet and heavy. I did get to relax in the evening and made a card while I watched Downton Abbey.

Don't you just love digital images. The main image is actually collaged. This is intended to be a sheet of 12"x12" paper from Crafty Secrets CD2. I printed the bird cage and flowers in a smaller size but the bird was smaller than I would have liked and at the bottom of the page, so I then printed the same image only larger and cut out the bird and placed him on the branch. The sentiment and main image are mounted on patterned paper, then white cs, and finally mounted on peach cardstock. The branch is real and coated with glitter. The leaves are a Memory Box die cut from green paper, outlined in a darker green and glittered. Lastly a bow of gardening twine, a button, and 4 tiny pearls.

Thanks so much for dropping by,
Cheers, Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. Oh how sweet of you to do that shoveling! But be careful because yes, this last snow was very wet & heavy! Glad you 'took the GOLD'! Well done!
    Your cards are all just beautiful ... love all the elements you are putting together. Sure makes me yurn for the Springtime! HUGS to you ... have a great day!

    ReplyDelete