Thursday 20 February 2014

Hello dear followers,
Lately I've been doing a lot more card making than blogging but I have a card to share with you today. I watch the weather forecasts so I know most North Americans are not feeling very "Springy" at the moment but here in Vancouver, spring is well on the way. Leaf buds are visible and the bulbs are up at least 4 - 5 inches. My husband and I started on a walking regime 3 weeks ago and we are amazed at how much warmer the climate is here by the water than when we lived up in the north shore mountains.
I made a set of these cards with coordinating colour combos and themes, through the next few days I'll post all of them. Here is the first:




The main image is a Crafty Secrets creative scrap from "Birds and Blossoms".  For the back ground paper I drew the blossom and leaf outline with a red pencil and water coloured the flowers with distress inks. The sentiment is from a Graphics 45 sheet mounted on turquoise and edged with glitter, same treatment on the main image. I bought this acetate moire looking Martha Stewart ribbon awhile ago. It is the greatest thing, you can cut it and it doesn't fray...ah, what wonders the oil patch can produce. I cut 2 very skinny strips for the wee bows and a wider one for the rolled ribbon rose. The butterfly is a MS punch. I finished up with a few buttons and a bit of lace and... voila! Thanks for looking in, by for now.

Cheers, Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Elizabeth ... one of my favorite images and I love what you've done with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my very favorite bird images, and you really have made it shine in this gorgeous card! I love the hand drawn background! So impressive! Your work is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete