Thursday 28 August 2014

Sew Special

I have been a very naughty blogger lately neglecting my followers. If I could be allowed to offer an excuse my dear sweet 90 year old mother fell down twice and between that and some of my own health issues I didn't have a creative idea in my head. I got up this morning and just felt like making a card. this is for Splitcoaststampers monthly tickle and the theme is sewing or baking. Perfect...I've been wanting to do a card using these Crafty Secrets stamps ever since I got them.


I started with a black base card. The cream background is a large background stamp of pattern pieces, the edge is punched with a Martha Stewart punch and then just inside from the edge is a line of stamped black stitches. I then used distress inks to age the paper. Next thing glued down was the twill tape measure ribbon and the roses. Everything was coloured with copics and distress inks. I printed off an array of sewing items and just played with them until I was happy with the placement. I don't do enough of these type of cards to be confident with a preplanned sketch.


Here is a list of the Crafty Secrets products I used:

button card - "Button Up" digital stamp set

thread card - "Bobbin Cards"

mannequin - "Sew Fashionista" digital stamp set

sentiment - "Sewing Basket" digital stamp set



To finish it off I added a couple of charms, buttons, a string of pearls, and a tiny silk rose.


Thanks so much for visiting me.

Cheers,

Elizabeth


2 comments:

  1. Liz, this is a wonderful card! I love all the layers, depth and texture you achieved here. Sooo pretty. Hope your mom is doing better, and that you are feeling better, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing creation, Elizabeth! Sensational images and sewing notions on this remarkable design!

    Sending best wishes for you and your mom. I hope you are both feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete