Tuesday 27 May 2014

Dog Gone It

I just can't get enough of these dog stamps, this time I was playing with Crafty Secrets "Little Dogs". I have 2 sisters and when we were growing up my parents weren't comfortable with dogs in the house, well actually my Mom wasn't comfortable with dogs in the house. She was scared of big dogs and truthfully we travelled so much it wouldn't have been easy even to have a little dog. So guess what all three of us bought the minute we moved into our own homes...you got it, DOGS! I have always had Chows, one sister has a dog very much like the one in this card, and the other has every kind of dog big and small and always more than 2 at a time.


I coloured the image from Crafty Secrets "Little Dogs" with copics and then painted the whole image with Tim Holtz clear crackle paint (you can see it better IRL).The frame is a Marianne die which I sponged with Distress Inks. The background paper is also sponged with Distress Ink around the edges. The sentiment is from Crafty Secrets "Big Dogs". I printed the sentiment and then drew the banner around it. The velvet rose is cut from a piece of cut velvet.

Thanks for dropping by,

Cheers,

Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. Love how you colored the image, and beautiful crackle effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This image is precious. I know your sister will love it, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete