Monday 19 May 2014

Happy Birthday

What fun I had making this Birthday card for our son Geoffrey. I had a huge hole in my stamp collection. I have 1600 wood mounted stamps and close to that in clear acrylic and out of that maybe 10 sets of masculine stamps. Yep, I'm a sucker for flower, fairy, anything vintage but not so much for masculine. Crafty Secrets have a great insect stamp set but he's already had 3 insect BDAy cards
. All that changed with the new" Crafty Secrets Big Dogs" and "Crafty Secrets Little Dogs" stamp sets, this will provide variety for masculine cards for years to come.


This handsome fellow came from "Crafty Secrets Big Dogs" stamp set. The deal of the century is what I'd call this set, so many images and sentiments it'll keep you busy for a long time. After printing Rover I coloured him with copics. I used the hat in the set and coloured him again with copics but decided his hat needed some shaping so I shaped it around a pencil. There is enough dimension so that I needed 3 quite thick dimensionals stacked up under the middle of the front edge. The sentiment is also from Big Dogs. For some finishing touches I mounted the hound on red cardstock, and then houndstooth check, added a couple of buttons and some bobble trim, and on the left edge of his hat is a MS punched "CHEERS". The whole image of the hound in a party hat makes me smile.

Thanks so much for dropping by,  
Cheers,
Elizabeth  

2 comments:

  1. Afternoon Elizabath I love this one its supper and cute I love the image. I love to look at your cards.
    Take care xx

    Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, this is a work of art! Love the way you colored this image and the 3-D party hat is a fun, whimsical touch. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete